July 13, 2011

Meet & Greet: TreasuresAnew

Inspired by her Mom's love of antiques, she instilled in Serena a love of vintage dishes and glassware. Because of this love she saves broken china from being tossed away by creating one of a kind jewelry.

Serena also does special orders. If you have a pattern from a loved one you want preserved Serena can turn that pattern into beautiful jewelry.

Broken China Jewelry Pendant Adderley's China
I asked Serena a few questions and here is what she had to share:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
I live in southern IN, 59 years old, retired, widowed, and sell broken china jewelry. My main interest other than my jewelry is Australian Sheperd Rescue which I have been involved in for about 12 years.

Broken china jewelry Pin Brooch Vintage JH 
What is your favorite thing about creating?
My favorite thing about creating my jewelry is preserving the past. I love the fact that a dish that is over 100 years old can be made into a keepsake that will last for generations. I do quite a bit of custom work making jewelry out of dishes that belonged to relatives who have passed on. I feel as though I'm remaking a memory for that person.

Broken China Jewelry Charm Bracelet
Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
I decided to do this work because I loved antique dishes and hated the thought that once they were damaged or broken that they would be thrown away. They were too beautiful to just be thrown into the trash.

Free Shipping Broken china jewelry Necklace
What is your favorite thing about running your Etsy shop?
I love running my Etsy shop as I have met so many people who love what I do for some of the same reasons I do. It has been a great experience and a lot of fun.

Vintage recycled Alfred Meakin Selwyn Broken china Jewelry Pendant
What inspires you to create/sell what you do?
I am inspired to make my jewelry by the beautiful patterns of the dish and to preserve as many of them as I can. I like to think about where the dish might have come from, was it someones wedding china and knowing that at some point and time that antique dish meant a lot to someone.

You can see Serena's work in her
Etsy Shop
Ebay Shop
Website

Thanks for sharing with us today Serena!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment