July 6, 2011

Meet & Greet: LeanDogPottery

Kelly is a self proclaimed tree hugger who is big on recycling and helping out mother earth.  She is a potter who decided to experiment with jewelry making. Now, jewelry is her main focus, and she is in love with the fusion of glass onto the clay.

Green and Cobalt Tower Pendant
I asked Kelly a few questions about herself and her business, here is what she had to say:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
My name is Kelly. I live in San Luis Obispo, CA with my husband and 2 kitties - Leroy-Gray and Chester-Woo. Currently I am into cooking, being in nature, riding my bike, going on hikes, sitting in the sunshine in my backyard with my kitties and hubby and of course creating. I sell colorful and unique jewelry made with clay and glass (fused together). I also create functional pottery pieces for your home.

Chocolate Brown Beauty pendant

What is your favorite thing about creating?
My favorite thing about creating is the freedom I have to make whatever comes to my mind and having a great time doing it.

Aqua Brown Stud Earrings ceramic and glass
Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
I am big on recycling.....OK, maybe I am a nut! But, it makes me feel good to recycle. It feels wasteful to just throw something away when you know that there could definitely be another use for it. I reuse glass from many different bottles in my jewelry - this is turning trash into something beautiful and that's rewarding.

Love Me Ring Grass and Lilacs
What is your favorite thing about running your etsy shop?
My favorite thing about running my Etsy shop is all the wonderful people I have met and consider my friends now (at least virtually!). There is so much support and a wonderful community out there in Etsy land - its amazing.

Bird Feeder donut shaped rainbow
What inspires you to create/sell what you do?
My inspiration in my designs come from different shapes and all colors. My inspiration for creating with upcycled/recycled materials comes from my love of the earth and deep rooted compassion.

My Etsy Shop: leandogpottery.etsy.com
Find me on Facebook: facebook.com/leandogpottery
Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/leandogpottery
My (slightly neglected) blog: leandogpottery.blogspot.com

Thanks Kelly for sharing with us today!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

1 comment: