July 27, 2011

Meet & Greet: TheFanFavorite

For David, Fan Favorite is a labor of love. He takes comic books, novels, and music covers and gives them new life by turning them into wallets, bags, and purses. He also makes custom pieces. So if you have a sports team or wedding invitation you want saved in a unique way the check out The Fan Favorite.

Whale nature wallet
I asked David a few questions and here is what he had to share:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
Hello my name is David I also have a business partner (Jason). For the most part I sell upcycled accessories (wallets, purses, messenger bags etc). While I love to create for all topics I have had the most success within the comic field.

Avengers comic book wallet
What is your favorite thing about creating?
I love creating a new item from discarded items as well as the whole creative process.

Superman comic book messenger bag
Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
I wanted to work from items that I love (comics, music etc) and still give credit to the original artists. I also love concept of reusing to build something new.

Horse purse unique handmade women's purse
What is your favorite thing about running your Etsy shop?
I love the freedom of the shop. I love that I have sold to people in countries that I would have never reached without Etsy. I also love the support and love that comes from the groups and blogs.

Share links to where we can find you on the web
My Website is www.thefanfavorites.com 
Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/TheFanFavorites?ref=ss_profile
Flickr page www.flickr.com/photos/thefanfavorites/
Facebook page www.facebook.com/#!/thefanfavorites

Thanks David for sharing today!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment