January 5, 2011

Hey Everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great New Year so far. I know I am :)

I just recently joined the Etsy Upcycling team and the Etsy community in general. I'm really glad I did so. It's so great to connect with all you hand madenites (<-- ??) from around the world. If you haven't seen me on Etsy, I'm the guy who makes wallets and bags out of used bicycle tire tubes. I just started making these about 3 months ago and I've had a lot of local success so far and I definitely want to expand. I also just started writing a blog that focuses on inspiring the and developing the creative ability in others. The main theme is solving problems with sustainability and upcycling in mind. Each article I post is a DIY article that I'll be publishing each week. This week being the 4th week of my challenge, I turned an old blender in to a lamp for my nightstand.

It turned out to be a really cool upcycling project that looks great and serves its purpose well for the price of $4.

The link is here: http://www.derekhowlett.com/2011/01/week-4-light-socket-blender-blender-lamp/

If you enjoy the article, please tweet, share and comment on it :).

A big thanks to Cat for letting me post blogs here. I hope to add lots of value to the upcycling community!

Hope everyone's 2011 is very prosperous and full of upcycling!

Derek Howlett
http://www.etsy.com/people/derekhowlettdotcom

2 comments:

  1. No way, Derek?! A lamp out of a blender, I love it! I just want to know if I can still make my margaritas in it afterward? Just kidding, great project and thank you so much for helping make Love 2 Upcycle the greenest blog on the block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problemo

    Great to be aboard Cat

    Next time, we'll make the margaritas first then turn it in to a light :P

    ReplyDelete