1. Recycle your containers! As members of Upcyclers, we love your post consumer waste~ for us they become art and craft materials.
But many areas offer curbside recycling and if not, centers where you can take your recyclables. You can even donate your recyclables to artists like us! We have a site called FreeUpcycle where you can list your unwanted trash so that we can turn it into treasure.
2. Instead of buying or using ice for a cooler, refill empty plastic containers with water and freeze them!
3. Wear it out! Try dressing up an old outfit with new accessories or giving that old furniture a fresh look with new paint or hardware. There is often a lot more life to your belongings if you take time to give it a second thought instead of running out to buy new.
|A Red Cabinet|
5. Don't let your dishwater go down the drain! Use a dishpan and pour it on your outdoor plants instead. You can also use your coffee grounds for your plants~ Sprinkle around your plants before watering. Dilute in a five gallon bucket to use as liquid fertilizer.
6. Use energy efficient bulbs or LED's in your light fixtures. We have plenty of creative re~uses for your old energy burning bulbs!
7. Use timers on outdoor electric lights so they don't get left on during the day. Try using solar lighting or even lamp oil torches in upcycled containers.
We hope you have a fantastic Wasteless Wednesday and week, but remember: Don't waste a single moment or a single thing!