May 11, 2011

Meet & Greet: Toodlefetties

Teresa from Toodlefetties loves to hunt for vintage items!  She also creates an occasional handmade item and can't resist the urge to offer up items that have been repurposed. Her shop is filled with a variety of unique items and worth checking out.

Glass Insulators Aqua Blue Vintage
I asked Teresa a few questions about herself and her shop, here is what she had to say:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
I spend my days at home with my young daughter who attends a virtual charter school. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we will soon celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We live on a small acreage, where we garden, have a few critters and try to live a simpler, greener, but still connected lifestyle. I spend as much time at yard sales, thrift stores and flea markets as I can searching for treasures that I can use, repurpose and/or sell in my Etsy shop.

Cigarette Lighter Mid Century Vintage
Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
I decided to work with upcycled/repurposed/vintage items because I enjoy vintage items and the history behind them. I like to repurpose items when I can and it gives me an outlet for my creative streak. The massive consumerism in society in this day and age bothers me and I want to reduce my contribution to that as much as I can.

Rare Recipes Budget Saver Cookbooks Vintage
What is your favorite thing about running your etsy shop?
My favorite thing about running my etsy shop is the people I have met, all of the fantastic things available on etsy, and when someone is excited by a purchase from me whether it's a vintage item or something I have repurposed, that makes me feel good.

Annie Doll Refreshed and Upcycled
What inspires you to create/sell what you do
I get inspired by the items I come across, and my desire to preserve vintage items and their history. Even if it means revamping those items into something else. We are in the process of building a new workshop here at our home, so some of my projects are on hold for a little bit, until the new space is ready and then the possibilities will be endless.

Tea Bag Favor or Gift

You can also find me at
toodlefetties.blogspot.com
twitter.com/#!/Toodlefetties
toodlefetties.etsy.com

Thanks Teresa for sharing today!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration and amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tea bag favors/gifts - What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete