April 20, 2013

Love 2 DIY on the Weekend: Earth Day Edition

Earth Day is just around corner, in fact it's Monday!  Upcyclers craft their wares every day with the earth in mind but this weekend we'll show you ways you can join us with fun upcycled DIY projects for the whole family.

What better way to celebrate the earth this Earth Day than with a rock collection?  Pop Tabilicious shows us how she turned a thimble display case into a rock display case for the kids. Check it out!


If gardening is your thing, how about upcycling some old dishes into a bird feeder or bath to beautify your garden and feed your feathered friends.  Here is the one I made from a thrifted flower pot and a really cool lizard bowl:


If you're sprucing up the indoors, how about this awesome rug made from a hula hoop and T-shirts.  I think it's pretty awesome!


However you choose to celebrate Earth Day, have some fun and save some trash from hitting the landfill.

Happy DIYing!
Tricia from Upcycled Stuff

7 comments:

  1. All great ideas and I too like the bird bath. Maybe because I am upcycling so much for outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bird bath. Now I have to find some old pieces to make one.
    Thanks. Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found all of my pieces at Goodwill! I got lucky with that lizard bowl!

      Delete
  3. Love the rock display case! My kids need one! Thanks for the weekend ideas.

    ReplyDelete