April 15, 2011

Love 2 DIY on the Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry

Yea it's Friday once again! And time for another great DIY for you to try. I found this fun blogger on our Upcycle team on Etsypreneur and she was very enthusiastic about posting her tutorial for us! Her name is Cynthia and is a brand new blogger, she even added a little surprise at the end, so please show her some Upcycled love by following her blog so she isn't quite so lonely!

Junk Art Frame DIY From Costume Jewelry
I made a recycled, junk art frame to share with you today.  With a bag of junk jewelry, a glue gun, and a pair of pliers I made this little frame in about an hour.  Maybe more (time) because I fuss with my projects...but if you are aggressive you can complete your own in no time at all.





This was my original bag of costume jewelry and blank picture frame.  I selected a thrift store frame that I acquired for .25 that is metal covered with paper.  A wooden frame would work, too.





To see the finished product please head over to My Junk Inspired Life! And have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Cynthia! Fantastic frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so excited to join Upcyclers! If you head over to my blog be sure to hit refresh so you can read the readers challenge I posted last night. I'm giving away the frame featured in this story!!! Thanks for sharing my post on this awesome blog. Green is good. Junk is good. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Cynthia and Welcome to Upcyclers!

    ReplyDelete