Here's some great ideas for your summer days, and best of all by staying close to home, you'll be supporting your local businesses, saving money and WASTING LESS!
1. Have a Spa Day in your home! This may not appeal to everyone in the family~ but you never know...Plan a party with a spa theme, or just put on the ritz for your visiting friends. BHG has some great tips for a spa themed "get-away"!
2. Host a Croquet Tournament! Traditionally, white is the popular attire, dress it up with some fancy decor and drinks, design a homemade, whimsical trophy or two and` Woohoo! You've got a fun day for all ages! Don't like croquet? How about volleyball, frisbee or badminton!
3. A Family Summer Book Club~ Choose a book each week or two, or even monthly for all of you to read separately or to each other. Then pick a night to have a themed dinner or snacks and talk about the book you've read! Liven it up with some trivia questions from the book written and asked by a rotating family member and give small prizes to the winner. But watch out, this idea could turn into a year round event! You could also use this idea for a Neighborhood Kids or Adults Book Club!
4. It's Movie Night! Rent a movie to watch indoors or out! You can make your own outdoor theatre with popcorn and everything~ and you can wear your PJ's if you want!
5. Which leads to the next idea: A Backyard Campout! Tents, campfire and, of course, S'MORES!
6. How about a Neighborhood Concert Under the Stars? If you don't know anyone who plays music, see about pitching in with a few neighbors to hire some musicians and put on a concert! Families can bring a dish or snack~ or each bring their own blanket or chairs and a picnic!
7. Not Music Lovers? Throw a Backyard or Neighborhood Carnival! Rent a bounce house, get some face paints and have someone artistic paint faces, make a dunk tank, have a pie throw and get someone to do some clowning around! You can even make balloon animals!
Whatever you like to do, there are ways to do it with friends or family and have a fantastic summer right in your home or neighborhood. Venturing out is easy too, we'll give you some great ideas for one tank trips next week! In the meantime, have fun getting ready for summer!
Have a great Wasteless Week!